Monday, March 29, 2010

DESIGNATED DRIVER

Last September I attended the 15th Anniversary of the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Thousands of Vette drivers caravanned to the place from every corner of the country. It was an amazing sight. Had a grand time in my little booth there engraving Corvette parts, along with some knives and other goodies I took for the crowd.

There was an auction for some worthwhile cause, so I purchased a bottle of Kentucky bourbon, wrote a poem, engraved it on the bottle, and then donated it to the auction.

It brought a nice price and gave me a bit of buzz at the show, so it was certainly worth the time, effort, and cost.

The glass bottle was of high quality. Same as the bourbon, I'm told but I didn't sample any of it. I engraved it with a number 2 round carbide and filled with gold Rub 'N Buff.

Remember, if you're an engraver, this kind of gift is always a huge hit. If you're not, and want such for your own gift or presentation, I know where you can find a good hand-engraver of calligraphy. If you'd like to be taught to do it yourself, I can certainly arrange that too.

-Ken


No comments: